Job Vacancy at the EU Infopoint
Short-Term Expert – Logistics Support Assistant
Terms of Reference
DURATION of CONSULTANCY: 1 November 2017 to 15 January 2020
OUTPUT of CONSULTANCY: The EU Infopoint aims to bring the Turkish Cypriot community closer to the European Union by improving public knowledge, awareness, and understanding of the European Union, its values, policies and programmes.
The purpose of this assignment is to provide logistical support to the project for medium and large-scale onsite and offsite activities of the EU Infopoint. The consultant will be responsible for liaising with the EUIP team, suppliers and other stakeholders to ensure the successful execution of external activities including fairs, exhibitions, concerts and other EU related events.
The contract will be offered on a part-time/freelance basis.
Types of assignments
• Preparing and setting up external and internal venues for public events such as concerts, workshops, trainings, exhibitions, fairs, panel discussions, meetings (this may also require small repairs, modifications, and/or installations).
• Ensuring quality and timely delivery from suppliers and contractors of goods and services, where applicable. Assisting with procurement of goods and services for events.
• Preparing invitation lists, sending out invitations and telephone follow-up with specific target groups and stakeholders.
• Preparing checklists and updating event participant lists
• Logistical support throughout planning and execution, and finalization (during mobilization and demobilization) of activities.
• Receiving a brief and an outline of logistical support required and assessing needs and proposing an implementation plan.
• Liaison with selected contractors/suppliers ensuring timely and quality delivery.
• Ensuring execution of activities according to internal plans and procedures and local context
• Additional tasks as required.
The consultant will be expected to work on a freelance basis from the EU Infopoint and various locations. He/she will also need a driver’s license and a vehicle as most of the tasks involved will require him/her to attend events/meetings or visit sites and transport materials. The EU Infopoint Team Leader will be his/her supervisor. Draft materials prepared by the consultant will be submitted to the Communications and Events Expert for review.
Qualifications: The consultant should have at least 2 years of experience in the field of logistics and/or coordination support. The consultant should have basic computer literacy skills. Proficiency in English and Turkish (written and spoken) are required. Previous experience with EU communication projects will be considered an asset.
Interested applicants should send their letter of interest and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 6.00pm on Monday 23 October 2017. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.