Job advertisement – Social Media and Web Editor Expert (Cyprus based)
WE ARE HIRING:
Social Media and Web Editor Expert (Cyprus based)
Terms of Reference
About the project
The EU Infopoint (EUIP) aims to bring the Turkish Cypriot community closer to the European Union by improving public knowledge, awareness, and understanding of the European Union, its values, policies and programmes in the northern part of Cyprus.
Purpose of the role
The purpose of this assignment is to support the EU Infopoint for the smooth running of the EUIP’s website, social media presence and all of its content.
The expert is required to in line with the objectives of the project and in consultation with the client (under the supervision of the Team leader and inputs/guidance also from other team members), support the smooth running of the EU Infopoint’s website including content updates, ensuring a-day-to-day updates of the EUIP’s social media channels and contribute to the overall goal of the EU Infopoint in bringing the Turkish Cypriot community closer to the EU.
- Ensuring the smooth running of the EU Infopoint’s dedicated website;
- Quality checking and managing website contents in English and Turkish;
- Quality checking and uploading the relevant approved contents to the EU Infopoint’s dedicated website;
- Checking website backups and uploading the recent backups to EUIP’s cloud storage programmes;
- Ensuring the smooth running of the EU Infopoint’s dedicated social media presence and all of its content;
- Quality checking and managing social media contents in English and Turkish;
- Quality checking and uploading the relevant approved contents to the EU Infopoint’s social media channels;
- Creating concept visualisations with Adobe and/or other graphic illustrations platforms and suites;
- Contributing to enhancing the interaction with the beneficiary community via innovative channels making good use of social media;
- Monitoring social media trends, tools, and applications and recommend strategies to keep the content updated and engaging;
- Ensuring consistency in brand messaging across all digital platforms;
- Running the necessary advertisements on the EU Infopoint’s relevant social media channels and providing recommendations;
- Ensuring the content of the dedicated website, social media presence and interactions are focused on EU related topics, the EU Aid Programme, and EU policies and priorities.
- Track and analyse performance metrics to measure the success of social media and web initiatives
- Implementing the social media strategy as part of the overall communication strategy to increase the brand awareness and audience engagement
- Drafting social media reports
- Attending and supporting events/activities including social media updates, taking photos etc…
- Contributing to brainstorming with the EU Infopoint team and management for event and activity planning;
- Providing assistance to the other EU funded projects in terms of social media usage, website content etc…
- Any additional communication, social media and website related tasks as deemed necessary for the project and/or as per delegation by EU Infopoint Team Leader.
Quality Control Mechanism:
Work prepared by the expert will be quality checked by the Team Leader. The Team Leader will be his/her supervisor and will provide feedback directly to the expert.
Desired competencies and experience
- University degree in a related field;
- Strong understanding of and experience with information networks, content and website editing and maintenance, new media and social media and new technologies;
- Experience in MS office suit;
- Experience in graphic designing for digital and social media products;
- Experience in the monitoring tools of social media such as Hootsuite, Sprout Social, Buffer, Brandwatch, Mention, Socialbakers, Google Analytics etc…
- Excellent communication skills in English and Turkish, both written and verbal; other languages will be considered as an asset;
- Good understanding of the EU funded projects;
- Good understanding of the sensitivities in post-conflict regions;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Demonstrate adaptability and flexibility;
- Excellent multitasking and organisational skills.
What we offer
- Opportunity to develop yourself in an EU-funded project;
- A great place to work with a team of highly motivated professionals;
- A truly diverse and multicultural organisation;
- The contract will be offered on a freelance basis (up to 3 years).
How to apply
Please send your CV and cover letter in English to [email protected] with the title “Social Media and Web Editor Expert – Cyprus EU Infopoint” in the subject field by 16 February 2024, 18:00 Cyprus time.