Job advertisement – Communications Assistant (Cyprus based)
WE ARE HIRING:
Communications Assistant (Cyprus based)
Terms of Reference
About the project
The EU Infopoint (EUIP) aims to bring the Turkish Cypriot community closer to the European Union by improving public knowledge, awareness, and understanding of the European Union, its values, policies andprogrammes in the northern part of Cyprus.
Purpose of the role
The purpose of this assignment is to support the EUIP in terms of event organisations, other communication activities such as competitions and campaigns and implementation by providing additional event and communication assistance to the project.
The assistant is required to, in line with the objectives of the project and in consultation with the client (under the supervision of the Team leader and inputs/guidance also from other team members), support the implementation of a range of events and communications activities; support the preparation of communication and promotional materials; and contribute to the overall goal of the EU Infopoint in bringing the Turkish Cypriot community closer to the EU.
- Supporting the implementation of all aspects of events (speakers, invitations, design, venue, catering, logistics, photographic and video services, communication with speakers, participants and suppliers and additional technical requirements);
- Liaising with vendors and suppliers for events;
- Supporting events including registrations, set-up and provision/preparation of promotional materials;
- Contributing to brainstorming with EUIP team and management for event and activity planning;
- Follow up with suppliers for events and other communication activities;
- Follow up work related to competitions, collecting and sorting of received applications to competitions, checking formats of submitted videos etc and preparations of the applications for the jury session as well as related logistics;
- Any additional communication and event related tasks as deemed necessary by the project and/or as per delegation by EUIP Team Leader.
Quality Control Mechanism:
Work prepared by the assistant will be quality checked by the Team Leader. The Team Leader will be his/her supervisor and will provide feedback directly to the assistant.
Desired competencies and experience
- University degree in a related field;
- At least 2 years overall working experience in relevant fields such as event organisation, logistics, coordinating suppliers and/or experience in customer relations;
- Excellent communication skills in English and Turkish, both written and verbal; other languages (will be considered as an asset);
- Good understanding of the EU funded projects;
- Good understanding of the sensitivities in post-conflict regions;
- Experience in MS office suit;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Demonstrate adaptability and flexibility;
- Excellent multitasking and organisational skills;
- He/she should possess a valid driver’s license.
What we offer
- Opportunity to develop yourself in an EU-funded project;
- A great place to work with a team of highly motivated professionals;
- A truly diverse and multicultural organisation;
- The contract will be offered on a freelance basis (up to 3 years).