Launch of the Call for Proposals for the Grant Scheme
Nicosia, 25 June 2018
EU Aid Programme for the Turkish Cypriot community
Launch of the Call for Proposals for the Grant Scheme "Together Against Trafficking in Human Beings"
The European Commission has launched a EUR 1,000,000 call for proposals aiming at preventing and addressing trafficking in human beings in the northern part of Cyprus.
The main objectives of the Call for Proposals are to:
- Prevent human trafficking and raise awareness;
- Improve victims' access to rights;
- Increase knowledge of and effective and coordinated response to all forms of trafficking in human beings.
In particular, the call has 2 lots with the following targets:
- Lot 1 (€200,000): Support to the creation and running of a referral platform to increase coordination of stakeholders and efficiency of the actions against trafficking of human beings.
- Lot 2 (€800,000): Support to actions/initiatives against trafficking of human beings in the northern part of Cyprus and/or across Cyprus.
The selected projects will be supported with EU grants amounting to between €60.000 and €300.000, depending on the lots.
The deadline for submission of proposals is 02 October 2018, 12:00 Brussels time (13:00 Cyprus time).
The Guidelines for Applicants and application package are available in the following link, under the reference 152154: https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/europeaid/online-services/index.cfm?do=publi.welcome&nbPubliList=15&orderby=upd&orderbyad=Desc&searchtype=RS&aofr=152154.
A public launch event for this call will be held on Thursday, 28 June from 16:00-18:00 at Bedestan in Nicosia. All interested stakeholders are invited to attend.
A series of information sessions and trainings will take place in July and September. The 1st information session will be held on 11 July at the EU Programme Support Office (EUPSO) from 10:00 to 12:00.
This initiative is funded under the EU Aid Programme for the Turkish Cypriot community, managed by the European Commission.
For more information on the Call for Proposals for the Grant Scheme "Together Against Trafficking in Human Beings", please contact: [email protected]